Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dinner with the Deen Brothers






Yesterday I, along with my mother-in-law and friend Lori went to a cooking show in Washington D.C. We walked around the different vendors and sampled a lot of foods. I also saw a nice kitchen I would love to have. In the evening we had tickets to have dinner with Paula Deen's sons. The meal was prepared by the convention center staff and served while the boys talked. We think it was turkey chili (my mother-in-law called it slop). It was served with broccoli and bread. The first course was an onion soup and dessert was a raspberry mouse. It was not a bad meal but for the money could have been better. We did have a lot of fun and were able to have our photo taken with them. Unfortunately Paula was scheduled to stop in but she never made it.

No comments: