Monday, November 22, 2010

Pantry Pride.


Come on in....

Still a work in progress, but I know where everything is!



I bought this sign over the summer with my pantry in mind!


One of my requests with the house design was a walk in pantry.
Storage was important to me.  In our old house I had extra kitchen items stored in the basement.  I knew I did want to have to run up and down basement steps to get my stuff anymore!
I keep all our dry goods, baking supplies, serving pieces, crock pots, etc.. in there.
I also had room to put my pie safe in there.  I store my cookbooks in there.
My pie safe is something I bought when we were first married and living in a rental home, which had barely any kitchen storage.  On top of the pie safe I have my Longaberger recipe basket, which was a wedding shower gift.
I feel very fortunate to have this pantry.  It is right off of the kitchen and easy to get to.  Hank even knows where everything is in there too!
It reminds me of something you would find in an old house too.  My Great Aunt Mina had one in her kitchen.


No comments: