Monday, August 29, 2011

Natural Disaster Week!

On Tuesday we had an earthquake and then Saturday - Sunday a hurricane!
The earthquake was actually in Virginia, but we felt it up here!  Really weird to feel that.  I was at the Doctors office at the time, waiting to be seen for my monthly appointment.

Saturday afternoon and evening the rain started and then at night the wind picked up and we lost our power at midnight, due to hurricane Irene.  We still do not have power, as of Monday afternoon.  We have no idea when we will get it back either.  Thank God our generator is still running.
We had a tree down on our power lines and phone lines and our utility pole is leaning.  Many roads around our home are still closed due to down trees.  My work was closed today,so Hank and I are hanging out at home.

Brant cut part of the tree, to open up the road.

Bottom of the utility pole.

Hank brought me a "present"


No comments: